The Office of Family Assistance (OFA) will hold the Health Profession Opportunity Grants (HPOG) Roundtable Meetings in February, March, and April 2019. The dates, locations, and grantee assignments are listed below. The Roundtable Meetings will be two full days each. Participants should plan to arrive the evening before the meetings begin and should not select flights that leave earlier than 7:30 pm on the second day of meetings. Please plan accordingly.
This year’s Roundtables will involve two days of interactive workshops around either innovation or sustainability, and include some advance pre-work. Subject matter experts (SMEs) will share their knowledge and lead sessions, allowing grantees to share what’s working and raise any questions they may have. The goal of this year’s Roundtables is to help all grantees create program plans around these topics that lead to stronger innovation and sustainability outcomes for programs. We will have focused time to do this, along with lots of grantee sharing.
Three staff from every grantee are expected to attend each Roundtable. The Project Director is required; they may chose the remaining two attendees based on the meeting topic. Attendees will be subject to final approval by the Program Specialist. As a reminder, you will use grant funds to cover your travel and accommodations for this event, since this was a required part of your budget.
Kansas City, MO, February 20-21, 2019
Registration deadline: January 28, 2019
- Alamo Community College District
- Cankdeska Cikana Community College
- Central Community College
- Cook Inlet Tribal Council, Inc.
- Goodwill Industries of the Valleys
- Great Plains Tribal Chairman’s Health Board
- Rogue Community College District
- San Jacinto Community College District
Washington, DC, February 26-27, 2019
Innovation in HPOG
Registration deadline: January 30, 2019
- Action for a Better Community, Inc.
- Central Susquehanna Intermediate Unit
- Community Action Project of Tulsa County Inc.
- Montefiore Medical Center
- The Workplace
- Zepf Center
Denver, CO, March 12-13, 2019
Innovation in HPOG
Registration deadline: February 18, 2019
- Buffalo and Erie County Workforce Development Consortium, Inc.
- Edmonds Community College
- Missouri Department of Social Services
- Turtle Mountain Community College
- Ute Mountain Ute Tribe
- Volunteers of America Texas
- Workforce Development Council of Seattle-King County
- Worksystems, Inc.
Washington, DC, April 2-3, 2019
Registration deadline: March 5, 2019
- Chicago State University
- Community College of Allegheny County
- Eastern Connecticut Workforce Investment Board, Inc.
- Hostos Community College
- Kansas Department of Commerce
- Pima County Community College District
- Schenectady County Community College
- South Carolina Department of Social Services
- Volunteers of America Michigan
- Workforce Development Board SDA-83, Inc.